Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lost On The Way To The Thrift Store

I was heading to the thrift store in downtown Lancaster, and I took a shortcut down a back alley. I was riding a bicycle, but the seat/pedals/handlebars were extended way up in there air - probably about 15 feet tall. So, I'm riding high on my bike in this alley when I realized I had taken a wrong turn. I was now behind a bunch of buildings where there was lots of trash and piles of crap in the alley.

I started to hop down to see what all the stuff was, when I noticed a couple of kids on their normal bikes, laughing at me and my bike. I climbed down, because I felt like a doofus, and the kids came over and talked to me. Apparently they were kids that I knew, because I went to their house with them and went inside.

Their whole family was there, and I started helping them with some house remodeling that they were doing. I helped the mom pull out a stove from the wall so she could clean, and then moved it back into place when she was done - but I broke off a piece of the drawer on the stove (?) when I plopped it down. She wasn't mad.

The dad was sitting and watching TV, so I went in and joined him for a few minutes. While we were sitting there, a bunch of cheerleaders came up to the front door and started knocking. One of them was riding a horse. I yelled to one of the kids that their friends were there, and nobody seemed surpised that they had a horse on the front porch.