Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ravioli Arm

My cousin Shannon and I were hiding in the bushes along the road in front of her house. It was either very early morning, or almost night... either way, we were apparently trying to sneak down to our grandparents house which was two houses away.

We stayed low to the road, trying to stay covered by all the weeds and bushes along the side... but then the plants started grabbing at us, and some of them actually started burrowing into the skin of my left arm. We worked ourselves free and went up into the regular grass, but something had already started happening where the plants had gotten me.

My arm was all mushy and weird, and there was a square patch of skin that was nearly cut off. I told her not to worry about it, because I could just stitch it back in place and it would be okay. No sooner did I say that, and the square patch of skin sunk down into my arm leaving a gaping hole.

I thought I would start bleeding, but instead I could see ravioli filling the inside of my arm. It was moving around as if it was alive, but it turned my whole arm limp and mushy. I tried to grab the piece of skin before it disappeared into the ravioli, but I didn't get it.