Saturday, June 02, 2007

Spiders

I was in an old house I used to live in, on Hubert Ave here in town, and was sleeping upstairs when I noticed that I could see down into the basement through one of the heater vents. I decided to go downstairs into the basement, because it was a place where none of us ever went - and I wanted to see what else was down there.

I quickly made my way down the steps, walking through some spiderwebs at the bottom of the stairs. As soon as I did this, I realized that there were spiders hanging from all of the beams in the ceiling. I ducked to avoid them as they came down to attack me, but then I realized that having just walked through some webs - I probably already had some on me.

I started flinging my arms around, trying to shake off anything that might have already crawled on me - all the while, more and more spiders kept coming down from the beams to try to get me.

I picked up a pipe and started swinging at them as they dangled from their webs. Each time I'd hit one they'd explode in a little poof of liquid, and I managed to knock most of them away before escaping and running back upstairs, understanding now why we don't go down into the basement.