Friday, January 21, 2005

Rotten Neighbor Kids

It was the middle of the day, and I was working in the computer room. As I was sitting at my desk, I heard some strange tapping outside one of the windows. Through the blinds I could see some kids were messing around with the window, like they were trying to get in. I didn't let them know that I was in there, and could see what they were doing, and shortly after that they went around to the window that was in the back of the house.

As they were opening the window to try and come in, I quickly opened the blinds and made "oogah boogah" noises - scaring them all away. They made it to the end of the yard, where the smaller ones tripped and fell as they tried to jump over the chain link fence. Seeing them fall, I decided to jump out of the window and chase them down. Before they could get up and across the fence, I grabbed one of them by his hair and kept him from getting away. The other kids, who were apparently his brothers, stopped and gave up - since I already caught their slowers, stupid little brother - they knew they'd be in trouble as well anyway.

I made the kids tell me where they lived, and it was only a block or so away from my house. So, I dragged this kid back to his house by his hair, and met his mom and dad on their front porch. I tried to explain what happened, but the mom didn't seem to care - and the dad was some big redneck guy who was more concerned with the remodeling that was going on to the outside of his house, rather than what his rotten kids were up to. I threw the kid down on the porch and headed back home.