Monday, January 24, 2005

Monkey Baby

I was over at Misty's mom's house, to see Mary's new baby... apparently I was spending the night there, along with my cousin. I woke up in the middle of the night and went out to check on the baby, who was sleeping in a chair in their living room - and I discovered that the baby was actually a monkey! Not only was it a monkey, but it had long black curly hair. The odd thing was, nobody seemed to be concerned about this.

I picked him up and held him, and even though he's only a couple weeks old, he started standing up, doing tricks, jumping around, etc. I seemed to be the only one that was surprised that her baby was actually a monkey, so I didn't say anything to any of them. The monkey baby then jumped down out of my hands and stood up, combed its hair, then was picked up by one of the others. That person said "watch what he can do!" and then let the monkey baby hang upside-down from her arm, by his feet. I was worried that it was gonna fall and get hurt, but I guess since it was a monkey and not a baby, it was used to doing that sort of thing.