Tuesday, February 08, 2005

School Break-In

Jessica and I were camping out in a cave somewhere, it was the middle of the night, and we decided we were going to break in to the local high school. There were guards outside, and in order for us to sneak out and get in to the school, we had to put out the campfire we had going, and light only some small torches that we were going to carry with us.

With the big fire out, we made our way out of the cave and towards the school. We met up with Jim and Amanda there, and as we entered the front door of the school - they decided they wanted to take the downstairs path, while Jessica and I decided to go to the upper floors. It turns out that that was our mistake - because soon after that, we noticed the down the hallway there was a light on. We heard a noise, but realized too late that there was a janitor in the building. He was pushing a floor buffer, and spotted us as we tried to dive behind some lockers. Once we knew we had been seen, we made a dash towards the stairs in an attempt to escape. The janitor ran after us, and caught us as we were headed down the stairs. I had jumped the edge and made it down to the floor below us - but Jessica was a little too slow, and he had grabbed her at the top of the stairs.

He yelled down to me that I wouldn't get in any trouble if I gave up, since it was my first offense - but that if he kept Jessica for the crime, that she'd go to jail for a long time since she had a previous record. For whatever reason, I decided to be a nice guy and gave myself up so that she didn't have to go to jail.