Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Flying On The Boardwalk

I was in Atlantic City, spending some time on the boardwalk in the evening. I was carrying a few boxes of cheap electronics novelties that I had apparently gotten at one of the gift shops earlier. Generic brand radios, alarm clocks, musical keyboards, etc... I tried to go into another shop near Caesar's but I was unable to make my way through the store - the aisles were too small for me and my boxes to fit through. I went back out onto the boardwalk, where lots of people were walking around and sightseeing. I went and sat in my large porch swing that was sitting on the boardwalk, and proceeded to try to get it off the ground - for whatever reason, my swing was able to almost fly. Just like my other dreams, I was able to get a running start and get the swing to float off the ground, but I wasn't able to get it to fly very well. People were looking at me, wondering what I was trying to do. Instead of being impressed that I was able to make this swing fly for thirty or fourty feet at a time, they were laughing that I couldn't manage to stay airborn more than a few seconds. Eventually I just stopped trying, since my shakey flights were almost making me hit people in the head with the bottom of my swing.