Friday, May 20, 2005

Raining Aluminum Siding

I was walking through a parking lot of some shopping center, when the weather turned cloudy and grim. I could see that the wind was picking up - and it began tossing debris around in the air, almost like a tornado. In the distance I could see things being pulled into the air, and they were coming in my direction. I kept watching these things flying through the air towards me, until suddenly one of the objects slammed into the pavement a few feet away from me.

It seems that aluminum siding was being ripped off of a building somewhere, and now those pieces of siding were being carried through the air and then shot down towards the ground with extreme force. The first piece came down and stuck in the pavement like an arrow shot out of a crossbow. I immediately realized how dangerous this was, and I began running to get out of the parking lot and under cover. The pieces started falling faster, shooting into the blacktop every few seconds. I dove underneath one of the parked cars, but then I heard one of the pieces of siding hit another car - and it went straight through the metal and lodged itself into the pavement just like the other pieces. I quickly scurried out from under the car and started running as fast as I could to get away.