Monday, January 02, 2006

Atlantic City

I was in Atlantic City in the evening, walking north on the boardwalk with mom and her friend, who looked a lot like Nancy Grace. Me and mom stopped in at one of the arcades, and while she went straight to the back to get some quarters, I strolled slowly down the aisles looking at the classic arcade games that they had. Nobody was playing, and most of the machines had the sound off - so there wasn't that familiar arcade ambience that you'd expect to hear. I remarked about this to mom, but she wasn't paying attention to me, instead intently collecting her quarters from the change machine.

I looked down at the carpeted floor and noticed a quarter was laying there. I then heard the sound of a quarter fall into one of the coin return slots of a nearby game. I snatched them both up, along with some other random coins on the floor. At this point, the girl behind the prize counter noticed me and said "Here." I looked at her with a bit of confusion, as she stuck out her hand and again said "Here." as if I was supposed to give her those coins. I said "Yeah, right!" to which she replied "If you don't give those to me you will be banned from this arcade and will never be allowed to come in again." I laughed, told her that I didn't care (nobody was in there anyway... her loss) and then we left.

Continuing up the boardwalk we past several of the familiar stores. I stopped at one of the clothes shops for a minute, since they had Nascar baseball jersies on sale. They were 3/$18, or $9 each. They had Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt, Kevin Harvick, and Jamie McMurray shirts. I happened to be wearing the same Dale Earnhardt shirt that they were selling, so I didn't buy another.

We got to the more vacant part of the boardwalk before Resorts, and mom and Nancy began almost running. I thought this was weird, because normally I'd be the one that was walking too fast. I motioned to mom to let Nancy know we were going too fast, but she just shrugged her shoulders as if she couldn't do anything about it.

I couldn't keep up, and at this point I was now in my old Oldsmobile with Genesee. We had pulled up in front of this old beat up looking house in the country. Apparently we were waiting for someone to come home, so we parked sideways in the road directly in front of their driveway. This wasn't good though, because soon we saw the headlights of a car coming towards us in each direction down the road. I was hurrying to try to move the car out of the road, but I couldn't find my keys. We rocked the car back and forth enough that the car coming from our right went by in front of us, and luckily the car coming from our right turned off on a side road.

Now that we weren't worried about getting hit, I found the keys, started the car and peeled out of the road and into the driveway. We noticed that in one of the junk cars we could see poofy hair in the front seat. We figured it must be Toni and Anna, there babysitting the kids of the people we were looking for. A minute after that Wendi walked by, noticed us, and stopped and said hi. She had hur current head, but her little body like when she was 10 or something.