Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Betty Boop Time Travel

It was night, and I was travelling through this abandoned town, but instead of walking or driving my car - I was swinging through the town on a cable that was somehow attached to the sky. The city was about a mile long, and I was swinging back and forth in a zig-zag motion from left to right as I progressed through the town. I was talking to Dad via a communicator headset, and I was relaying back to him what I was seeing. There was also a camera attached to the headset, because when I swung past one certain house he remarked that I had already been there before, and that I went into that house and was beating things with a big stick. (???)

I was almost all the way through the town when I saw the ghostly figure of a woman standing near a fence at the left side of the city limits. I swung over by her and could hear that she was singing some old style song from the '30s or something. Instead of continuing forward through the town, I just kept swinging back and forth in the location where this ghost was. I was surprised when she looked up and noticed me... her head glowing and eyes fixed on me.

I lowered myself and swung closer to her so I could get a better look, to see if it really was a ghost. That's when I noticed her head was quite a bit bigger than it should be, and that she looked like the Betty Boop cartoon character. I thought it might be someone with a mask on, playing a joke - but I swooped in and grabbed the hair of this person, and when I tugged I could tell that it was real hair on a real head. She didn't get mad, but she just kept watching me swinging back and forth, as she glowed and faded in and out in the darkness.

I figured I should try to capture her and take her back (to wherever I was going) so on one of my swoops I grabbed around her, trying to pick her up. At this point everything around me changed. It was if I had travelled to another time, but in the same location. I fell from my cable and landed on the ground next to her. At this point she vanished, but I was still in this new time. I thought that I might have been sent back to the 1930s, but when I looked at a newspaper on the ground, the date said it was the year 2170. This didn't make sense to me, because when I looked around, there were no signs of technology or any other futuristic things. The year 2170 could have easily been mistaken for the early 1900s.

I then jumped back into my current time, and told Dad about what I had experienced, and he documented all of the things that I had seen in the future.