Saturday, March 17, 2007

Random Weirdness

I was riding with Aunt Carol along some road in Columbus, but we were in a big passenger jet rather than a car. She was trying to find the airport so we could take off and fly somewhere, but she was having trouble navigating the streets due to the width of the plane.

I suggested that she go out to 270 and then down Hamilton in order to get to the airport, but she said there would be a problem with getting the wings underneath one of the overpasses before that intersection. She tried anyway, and as we turned onto Hamilton the right wing of the plane crushed against one of the light poles, bending backwards and then springing back into place after we made the turn.

We pulled up to the airport and stopped the plane, and when I got out I was mumbling "I'm not gonna fly in this plane... I'm not gonna fly in this plane..." because I had seen the damage that the wing had took, even though it went back into place and looked undamaged.

We got out of the plane and met a bunch of family in a large waiting area. Somehow I folded up the wings of the plane and compressed them into the body and then zipped up some covers that went over the area where the wings retracted. I remarked to someone there about what happened, but after that we never got back on the plane or even acted like we were going to fly anywhere.

In the waiting area, all of the family was milling around and talking to each other. Gary was there, cracking dumb jokes and stuff - which was odd, since Gary died a few weeks ago. I was surprised to see him, but everyone else was acting as if it was completely normal that he was there. Mom was off to the side of the area playing with Anna... they had a view-master picture reel viewer thing, and mom was trying to take pictures of people with it. A flash would go off from the front of the thing, but I explained to her that it wasn't a camera and that none of her pictures were going to turn out.