Friday, September 28, 2007

Melty

Dad and I drove to Atlantic City in my trusty Hyundai Elantra, and we parked in the Sands parking tower and were going to go inside and do some gambling. Something must have happened to my car during the trip though, because I was fiddling around with the wires underneath the dash.

I hooked up some sort of warming device to some wires located under the steering wheel. I'm not sure what I was trying to accomplish, but within a couple of minutes the thing heated up so much that it melted through all of the wires, leaving a jumble of frayed connections to some sort of control box.

I didn't tell dad about it, since I wanted us to enjoy our trip, but I remember thinking that I'd either have to win enough money at the slots to repair the car - or I'd have to start looking around for another car to steal so we'd have a way back home.