Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Security Check

I was working as a security guard in some store in an inner-city area, and I was responsible for keeping watch on the parking lot. It was dark, raining, and generally crappy out, and none of the other guards were willing to go an patrol the lot - so I was the only one that went outside to do it. I made my rounds of the lot, checking the cars, making sure nothing was going on... and I found a few items in the lot while I was doing that. I found a handheld radio that our stock workers are supposed to use, and I found a box that had a ring and a single earring inside of it.

I stuck those items in my pocket and headed back towards the store. When I got near the doors, I noticed that there were several sheriff deputies standing around, and I overheard that they were looking for me. I was worried that they'd think I was trying to steal the radio and the jewelry, so I ducked inside of a car that was open. I thought I was hidden, but my boss (Charlie) opened the passenger side and got in to question me. He kept asking me where I had been, why I wasn't working, why I left the parking lot, and why I wouldn't tell him the truth. I got out of the car and ran into the lobby of our store, and then into an old storage room that was off to the side of that room.

I took the items that I had found in the parking lot and put them in a baggie, then stuffed them into a box that was sitting along the wall. As I was getting ready to try to leave and get away, several people with guns came in and pulled me out. They said that I was being arrested for playing XBOX Live with a stolen XBOX. I tried to explain to them that that was impossible, because each XBOX has an account based on its serial number - but all of the cops were redneck hillbillies, and they didn't understand what I was talking about.