Sunday, February 25, 2007

Worm Trees and Underground Church

I was riding in a boat, along some small creek, when we came upon a place where people were trying to "get us." I hopped out of the boat and made my way to the edge of the creek, and began to head towards this area thick with trees. I was going to grab a vine and swing across the creek to the other side, but as I reached for it I saw a big worm hanging from it.

I jumped back a bit, startled by the big worm, and just then all of the trees began raining worms down on the ground in front of me. My passage was blocked, so I had to find another way to escape. I crawled through a few more trees and came to a small road marked I-71. There was a larger overpass above the road, but I waited until I didn't see any cars and I ran across the road and under the bridge from the road above.

As I was about halfway through, I noticed a tunnel leading off from underneath the overpass. I turned on my flashlight and started walking back into this dark tunnel. After a minute or two I started passing people that were going back towards where I came from. They didn't seem concerned or in a hurry, so I continued...

I finally made it to the end of this tunnel, which ended up being inside of an abandoned house, which was completely buried underground. There were other folks walking around inside with flashlights, looking at things, almost as if it was a museum or something. Someone remarked that there was no way to know that the house was there if you were above ground, so I tried to turn on my cell phone to get the GPS coordinates, but it didn't work.

The first rooms were narrow, with old bottles displayed on shelves in the corners of the hallways. Nothing was being vandalized, and besides everything being dark and dusty, the things were in good shape. I found a closet that people hadn't noticed, so I looked inside. Towards the back of the closet there was a small hatch in the ceiling that led to an area where nobody seemed to have been.

A little kid was following me around, but when I went up into this "attic" type area, I told the kid to go back and find his mom - and I shut the hatch on him and covered it with items from inside this new room, so nobody else would come up.

Looking around, I started finding Christmas presents. Apparently they were hidden there from years before, but forgotten about. One of them was addressed to my grandma, but by her first name. I was starting to feel like it might actually be an old church that we were exploring.

That's it. :-/