Saturday, June 07, 2008

Meeting Friends for a Meal

I was hanging out with Jim, Adam, and Alex at some random hotel somewhere... having sort of a party. Jim and Alex we're doing their own thing, I was trying to just get some sleep, waiting for Adam to get back from wherever he was with his girlfriend. When he got back to the hotel he had a Poison CD that she had given him, and he gave it to me since he already had a copy.

We all wanted something to eat so Jim started making one of those crappy "do it yourself from scratch" pizza kits, but it turned out pretty crappy so we all went to a local VFW to get in on the "all you can eat" charity dinner.

I was waiting for the food to be done by spending some time in their "internet booth" watching little flash animations of Star Wars scenes. When I got done watching them, I exited the booth and found that my whole family was there eating - and that I had waited too long and had missed the serving of the food. They saved me a plate of noodles, potatoes, and beef, but the quality was poor and I was very unhappy. I ate what I had, and headed back to the line for dessert, which was just being served.