Sunday, May 23, 2004

Abandoned Tower

Some friends and I came across a giant abandoned apartment building, so we decided to explore it. We found that we couldn't get in through the normal doors or windows, so we had to have a crane lift us up to the very top floor so that we could sneak in through one of the open windows up there. We got in and found the place to be a complete mess... furniture and personal belongs thrown everywhere, and everything was covered in a thick chemical dust - apparently to kill whatever virus or germs that had made the building unusable.

Being an abandoned building, I started going through some of the stuff in one of the rooms - seeing if there was anything there that I wanted to take. My friend that was with me told me that maybe I shouldn't do that, since it looked like they were trying to clean the building of any germs, and that maybe they'd be coming back in eventually. From both the outside and the inside, it looked as if the building was only days away from being demolished, but we decided to wipe our fingerprints off of all of the things we had touched and then we left.