Saturday, May 15, 2004

Jim's Creepy Apartment

My friend Jim and I were shopping in a small town somewhere, along their main downtown road. We went in to a store where you could rent a person for an hour, and that person had to make you whatever candy you wanted. The place was full when we went in, but we read the catalog that showed you could have any kind of candy from chocolate covered peanuts to deep fried fig newtons. The rental rate started at $120 an hour, but I suppose if you were making candy that whole time it'd be worth it. *shrug*

We left the candy rental place and went out to the SUV, where I saw a woman getting in the back seat and leaving something behind. I didn't look to see what it was yet, then me and Jim headed back to downtown Columbus to his apartment. When we got there, I looked in the back seat and found that this woman had left behind a big wad of cash - which I quickly snatched up and took for myself. It was night now, and Jim's apartment building was in an old abandoned section of the city - a big brick building, about 14 stories tall. He parked a distance away from the building, so as we walked up to it we were approached by homeless people and other creepy folks. One of them wanted my Cleveland Browns blanket that I was carrying, but luckily none of them noticed the big stack of cash that I also had in my hands.

We made it inside the old building, and made our way to one of the upper floors where his apartment was located. Inside there was barely enough room for two people to be able to walk around, but his mom and grandma were both there. Actually, it seemed that it might be their apartment and Jim was just living there. We made our way into the kitchen... the floor was rotting and the refrigerator was nearly falling through. His mom and grandma were fighting about something, but at the same time offering us something to eat. The place was disgusting and smelled like old people, so we declined and made our way out as quickly as possible.

As I left, I was suddenly outside of my real house, and Misty was pulling up out front to pick me up for work. She came up to the door and knocked, not realizing I'd already come outside and was coming around the side of the house. When she saw me she pointed out that my car had a dent in it. I looked, and sure enough, someone had smashed into the right rear of my car - knocking the wheel off the hub and smashing the crap out of my car.