Monday, May 31, 2004

Craft Store Candy Bars

I was shopping in some sort of arts and crafts store, where they would let you try out the items before you bought them. I was actually painting a picture frame, and adding some gold flakes to it when I heard some people laughing at me from up towards the cash register. Apparently the store was closing and I wasn't going to be able to complete my picture frame in time, and they thought this was funny. I went to the cash register in order to pay and leave, and noticed that it was Dan (a guy from work) and one of his friends that were laughing.

I looked at the bag of items that they had just purchased, and it was full of candy bars - some wrapped, some opened. I made some sort of comment about how a fatty like him didn't need to be buying any more candy, which sufficiently hurt his feelings, and then I left. He wasn't laughing any more.

(fwiw, Dan isn't really a fatty... but he does have a bigger gut than me.)