Friday, June 11, 2004

Club Hills

Ibra and I were hired as doormen for a local club that was opening. It was actually located in the lobby of the Hills store, which was in the River Valley Mall. It wasn't actually it's own place, either... the club was only open after the store had closed each night. We stood outside, sorting and handing out flyers to let everyone know about the club. Ibra was only giving invitations to certain people, while I was just giving them to anyone that passed by.

We went inside a little early, in order to get the place ready for the night, and Tabatha was there to help us out. Two of the pop machines were flipped over onto their tops, and we were working with those, trying to get them fixed in time for the opening. Tabatha was only trying to get pop out of them though, not really helping to fix them. I saw my cousin Jim, standing in line to checkout from the store, and he ended up helping us repair the pop machines.

When the doors opened, about a dozen people came in - most of them guys. They all rushed to get seats around the lobby, which was now serving as the dance floor. Apparently none of those people came to dance, but instead to watch the women that would be there dancing. Nothing was going on up front, so Ibra and I went to the back of the store to work on some other stuff, where I ran into Dennis's wife. She was working on stocking some shelves, and she was telling me how Dennis had already quit his new job and was now just sitting at home all day and night. She knew I was headed back to the games department, so she was giving me some trivia questions to include in one of the games that Hill's was selling.

I made it back to the games, and I found Johnny Benson sitting on the floor - writing out Nascar trivia questions for that same game. He remarked how none of the questions that Dennis's wife gave me were any good, and that he was the only one that would know good Nascar questions.