Thursday, June 03, 2004

Squishy Slug Death

I was in my basement, where me and someone else were hiding from some evil things that were lurking around upstairs. I remarked how it felt like a videogame I had played once before, where you had to start off in the basement and kill these giant slug-like things that would come down and try to kill you. Well, as soon as I said that, the slugs actually started coming the stairs. I did what I would have done in the videogame, grabbing a big board and started smacking at the slugs. I hit the first one and it instantly died, popping open and then shrivling away. However, when I hit the second one with the board - it didn't die. It split into two sections, each of which continued to grow into an even bigger slug.

My friend and I kept trying to hit the slugs, but it wasn't working anymore... so we had to think of something else. I grabbed one with my bare hands and started smashing it against the floor. Each time it hit the floor it would shrink a little in size, with good and pieces flying off... almost like nasty black jello or pudding. I killed one slug that way, but by time I had done that - the other had grown to almost the size of a chair. Luckily, my friend (I'm still not sure who it was) figured out that if you got water on them, they'd shrivel up and die. We forced the last big slug into a big trash bag and then drug it over under the water spout and filled the bag with water - and watched the last slug melt away into a big sloppy bag of water and black smelly goo.