Saturday, September 16, 2006

Car Stuff and Work

Mom and I were going camping out in some jungle somewhere, and she was driving the car while hauling a HUGE trailer stacked with firewood. We were deep in the jungle, when the road turned into this rickety looking stone bridge with no supports underneath. It was like this stone bridge had grown out of the walls along the edge of this cliff, and it twisted and curved over this big open river.

The rock bridge was barely wide enough for the car, and looked to be only a couple feet thick - so I told mom that I wasn't going to go across it with her. She drove on anyway, and after making it past a few curves, the wheels of the trailer slipped off the edge and it fell down into the valley below. Mom didn't even realize she lost it though, only saying "What was that?" after hearing the noise of the trailer and wood crashing to the ground far below.

I then came across a small house in the woods and went inside. As I entered the door I clocked in, with it apparently being the place where I worked. I got inside and found only a few of my coworkers sitting around a table. Nobody was working because most of the people had called off that day. No Tabatha, Ibra, Jamez, Larry, Tiffany, or Roger... so they had decided that they just couldn't work at all today. That was good, considering I wasn't allowed to work anyway. After a few hours I asked Lisa if I could just go home, since I wasn't supposed to be there anyway.

On my way home, it was now night, and I was driving down the sidewalks in Haydenville. There was road construction going on, so taking the sidewalks was the only option. I began picking up speed, since there was nothing in my way to slow me down - but when I got to an alley, my car hit the edge of the sidewalk and flew across the gap. When I landed all my tires went flat so I started walking.

As I was walking, I was taking inventory of all the construction equipment. Counting the cement mixers, trucks, and laser printers. (Laser printers?) There were other workers around now, but they didn't question what I was doing since I kept myself looking busy.